We spent the majority of today putting in place some measures to prevent DDOS attacks in the future and implemented some rate-limiting on the api endpoints for our plugin update engine. While doing this, we also noticed an inefficient query that compounded the server problems and we fixed that.
Long story short, automatic updates have been re-enabled. However, there is the possibility that we may still have to fine tune some of the measures we’ve put in place. If any of the following happen to you..
- You have multiple EE plugins installed and get update notifications for some that have updates but not others.
- You are browsing our site, interacting with forums and get a cannot connect message seemingly randomly at intervals.
…please contact us and we’ll look into things and see if there’s a problem with some preventative measures we put in place on our server.
Again, thanks for the patience during this experience folks!